Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Quilt Guild Meeting

Hi Ladies.  I'd like to share some of quilt projects our local quilt guild members have been working on.  Ingerlise just became a grandmother for the 4th time and her lucky grand-daughter has this beautiful quilt to snuggle up to.



Its easy to see tons of love and care went into making this beauty.

If I remember correct, I sat next to a lovely lady, Karen, who made these lovely winter runners.


I apologize that I didn't get the others names but I know you will enjoy these quilt projects.






Last night was my lucky night. I won two lottery give aways and the guild gave out delightful alphabet fabric with candles to go with the season. Norwegians definitely know how to do cozy.



And here is a picture of my latest quilt top that I am in love-with. Of course, its soo busy that I can't sleep with it hanging in the room. It was monotonous to make but really worth it! I made it on the diagonal with the blocks on point. I do plan to do another one and this time I will foundation piece it and do it vertically.

I am getting very excited for the 15th  of Dec. I tried my hand at drafting a small 3" block and giving it a whirl. Not as easy as it looks. I have a whole new appreciation for quilters who do mini quilts.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Here is my first attempt a little scrap house.


With the little scrap houses in mind, I introduced the idea of our guild doing a scrap fabric swap. Fingers crossed lots of ladies come ready to swap at the next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment