Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Checkerboard Floors


Most quilters understand the typical addiction to color we fall victim to, but I also have a small place in my heart for black and white checkerboard floors. When I was a baby our kitchen floor was, believe it or not, black and white zebra stripes. Those colors have imprinted on my brain and baby synapses. Whenever I see a black and white floor my heart melts a little. This quilt a tribute to that part of me. Until I get my own black and white kitchen floor, I can get my rush via my newest quilt.  Thankfully,  this month I showed up to my local quilt guild meeting one week early. As dumb as I felt at the time, it gives me the time to finish this quilt's border so I can present it at Show and Tell in proper form. Well, the quilt will be in proper form but I will still be stumbling through with my broken Norwegian.

No comments:

Post a Comment