Monday, December 12, 2011

My Favorite Day of the Month

And its not payday...wait a minute. It IS also payday! Double Happiness! But thats not why its my favorite day. Today is our monthly quilt guild meeting. All month I look forward to seeing what all the other women have been working on and today I'm going to ask how they feel about me taking some pictures of their quilts at Show and Tell. I'm also hoping they will be open to forming a scrap swap for next month's guild meeting for extra variety in my 'Building Houses from Scraps' quilt. For Show and Tell I have just finished the border on a house quilt I have been working on. I was inspired by seeing this quilt from SUPPOSE Quilt Boutique


These blocks are not small like the one we will be starting on the 15th of Dec but it was loads of fun to put together. Each block has different elements that help your eye move around the quilt more. I paper pieced the border which worked great for minimizing any distortion in the triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment