Thursday, December 8, 2011

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been intrigued by art quilts. Putting it more accurately, I'd like to be a little more creative with my quilting and for some reason I'm too intimidated by the fussiness of applique to dive in.  Susan Carlson's book on fabric collage, Serendipity Quilts: Cutting Loose Fabric Collage ,  using small scraps fits the bill. This sun quilt is a project she provides in  her book to get you started. It measures about 15" square. It took me a few evenings to complete and now I'd like to try one of my own. I'd like to do a fabric collage of these antique portraits with loud and colorful fabric choices. Check back later to see the completed portraits using Susan's technique.
For more information on Susan go to www.susancarlson.com


No comments:

Post a Comment